December 05 2016 15:42:47
View Thread
 Print Thread
ARAHANGA, Annie Te Hira
hineahuonep
Kia ora te whanau,
i am looking for information on my aunty. All we know is that she married my uncle George Arahanga (Potaka) from Raetihi they were unable to produce children of their own so they raised 3 boys as whangai. They were John Stevenson, Patrick (Paddy) Arahanga and Samuel Keith Arahanga. She was origionally from Rawene, they lived there before moving to Warkworth where they lived out the remainder of their years. She was buried at Rawene, but we are not sure where or when she passed away. Uncle remained in Warkworth after her death and until he passed away May 19th, 1984. We would appreciate any information about her as this is all the son's can remember and the grandchldren are asking questions about their kuia. You can email me at hineahuonep@clear.net.nz or txt 0211449268
kia ora koutou ano
Edited by maoriorgnz on 08-05-2012 23:26

poutokomanawa
Kia ora,

Do you have the maiden name for your aunty as I am guessing from reading your korero that ARAHANGA is her married name?
Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

Tarami
Perhaps by identifying her family name you might be able to locate the family urupa at Rawene. Alternatively, try contacting Births Deaths and Marriages to see whether you are able to obtain a copy of her death certificate when you only have her name. If you don't know her name then try obtaining a copy of her husband's death certificate cause it'll be on there.

Jump to Forum:
Copyright © 2011