May 26 2017 05:18:44
View Thread
 Print Thread
Bennett Family Reunion 1853-2013
alick
A reunion is being held in Tauranga next year at Labour Weekend for all the families that descend from HENRY RILEY CALVIN BENNETT and MATIRE BENNETT. Matire was from Wairoa Marae Bethlehem Tauranga and was of Ngati Kahu iwi of that marae.
All descendants wishing to attend should contact myself via email alickjulius@hotmail.com or by txt 0275568189 or mail 75a Dunlop Rd Te Puke 3119. or ph 07 5736363.
Time is starting to move on now so those that are wanting to come should get in touch asap.
Edited by alick on 04-08-2013 13:45

Te Rangikotama
Someone told me years ago that the Bennets, Mohi's and Tiakiawa whanau's all descended from the same kuia and that this kuia was taken up north and ended up in Takahiwai. I would appreciate knowing further information as to this possible connection.
Nga mihi.

alick
The Bennetts you are referring to may be the Bennetts from Rotorua, Henry Bennett was from America. Do you know who the kuia was that may be of some help.

Te Rangikotama
No I don't know unfortunately. One of the Tahuriorangi's told me that korero about 20 years ago and neither of us have resolved it since. It might have been a misconstruction of little known facts. There probably is something to it, but now lost in the sands of time.

Thank you for your reply.
Nga mihi

Jump to Forum:
Copyright © 2011