December 07 2016 17:09:10
View Thread
 Print Thread
TOHERIRI CLARK
Paul Puru
Kia ora whanau does anybody no any connections to Toheriri Clark or the Clarks from out at Port Waikato my great grandfather was from there. Would appreciate any awhi. Kia ora

Rondo
No bites yet so here's my 2 cents worth to get you started. Jan-2012 Nanny Pani Flavell from Waiuku/Awhitu area, now living in Papakura turned 100yo. MaoriTV did an item on her. It mentioned that her mum, Matire Hauauru Paraone was also with Toheriri aka Chad Clark. BDM Online has Alice Tauraia Hauauru Toheriri Clark died 1959/ cert 41205, aged 47. My sister-inlaw's mum was a Port Waikato Clark.
Edited by Rondo on 28-02-2013 19:29

janski
hi

my name is Jan and my grandparents are Charlie Edwards and Annie Taylor from down the port Waikato. Charlie's mum was Rangituhi Karaka [Clark] Te Aho . rangituhi had a twin called Hererunga and was married or partnered to Nana Doya. not sure of the name Doya? was told sounds like this and this was the spelling i was givin. I to have been searching for my family tree. I don't much at all so if u no anything maybe we can help each other.My mum was buried at Tikirahi cemetery, port waikato. my mum's bro's and sister's are uncle happy and aunty Susan with 2 boys and uncle Richard and Babi, adopted one boy,and uncle Charlie and aunty Rangi with 1 boy and 1 adopted girl Tracey and aunty Moana with 6 kids.

kia ora

Jan

SKIN65
I was lucky enough that my dad's uncle Ra Brown gave me a run down of the whakapapa, and had told me my great grandfather was Chad (Charlie) Toheriri Clark married to my great nan Matira Brown. Sadly my uncle had passed away before he could complete the story.

Edda McCabe
Kia ora.
I'm doing research on the children of Ngatete Karaka Te Aho aka Reweti Ngatete Karaka Te Aho and his wife Tiriti Matenga Kapene (Port Waikato & Ngati Tipa). They had SEVEN children. Hererunga; Parepouaka; Matarae; Moke; Waikato; Te Aho and Hone. (Who are the URI of these chn of Tiriti - perhaps Pomare-Teira; Kahui; Kirkwood; Minhinnick whanaus connect to these children).
Tiriti Matenga Kapene was the only sister of Hikaurua Matenga Kapene and Anatipa Matenga. Hikaurua's wife was MiteNini Potoua Kukutai. Hikaurua during the time of the Opuatia Survey disruptions took the name Tame Tamihana/Tame Kapene/Hika Tamihana. His children then went under the name TAMIHANA. My great grandfather Te Hororiri Tamihana had a boat/barge that he used to ferry people and merchandise between the Port and Mercer. He went under the name of Bob Thompson in his business dealings on the river.
I've been told that Ani Taylor is the sister to Hori, Pehi, Tata, Kapihana, Rangihererunga, Tuarua, Tiriti, Hinu, Taiehu, Poihakena, Paora Katuhi and their parents were Rangihererunga and Epiha Te Rangiataahua Teira Pomare.

Love to hear from anyone who can help. I want to connect back to the original SEVEN children.

Nga mihi

Edda

awhi
janski wrote:
hi

my name is Jan and my grandparents are Charlie Edwards and Annie Taylor from down the port Waikato. Charlie's mum was Rangituhi Karaka [Clark] Te Aho . rangituhi had a twin called Hererunga and was married or partnered to Nana Doya. not sure of the name Doya? was told sounds like this and this was the spelling i was givin. I to have been searching for my family tree. I don't much at all so if u no anything maybe we can help each other.My mum was buried at Tikirahi cemetery, port waikato. my mum's bro's and sister's are uncle happy and aunty Susan with 2 boys and uncle Richard and Babi, adopted one boy,and uncle Charlie and aunty Rangi with 1 boy and 1 adopted girl Tracey and aunty Moana with 6 kids.

kia ora

Jan

awhi
kia ora jan im just replying to your comment about your grandfather, charlie Edwards? he is my grandmothers brother (Rongo Edwards) who is second wife to,Tom wilson/wirihana from waikato they had 9 boys/8girls, my great nanny rangituhi karaka te aho-tiwini married Steven Edwards, I hope this may help you a little

Jump to Forum:
Copyright © 2011