June 27 2017 18:40:20
View Thread
 Print Thread
BARCLAY, David William Ngati Pikiao Whakapapa
doctorj
Tena koutou whanau. Recently I went with my son to Kearoa marae outside of Rotorua for him to collect a scholarship from Te Arawa Fisheries. We are Ngati Pikiao through my grandmother Daphne Hereaka Barclay who's father was David William Barclay. His siblings were Francis Hauauru Barclay, Glenville Punga De Rune Barclay and Ethel Te Tumanako Barclay.
We have shares in Lake Rotoiti 15 trust but we dont know how we get back to Pikiao from there. Their parents were David Frances Glenville Barclay and Ngaone Toupiri Te Aongahoro Pomare. Her parents were Ngarongo Pomare and Te Aongahoro Papapa. I know that Te Aongahoro is a Rotorua name as there was a tupuna mentioned in the book Te Arawa by that name. The buildings at the polytechnic in Tauranga are also called Te Aongahoro and Pomare?
Aunty Ethel is found in the New Zealand book of women and it said that she was of Ngati Ranginui and Ngai Te Rangi?
Im really trying to establish our Tauranga Moana and Te Arawa links as that is one of our lines that we dont know as we grew up in Hastings away from that side of the whanau. Any help would be really appreciated

Nga Mihi

Nathan

Jump to Forum:
Copyright © 2011